Corporate Social Responsibility Activities for
Arab Alloys Company
1. Ferro Industry and Climate Change
- Steel is versatile, strong and recyclable material and plays a significant role
in the global economic infrastructure and development.
- Ferro Silicon as a product is eco-friendly; however Ferro Silicon making process is associated with environmental ramifications, including energy consumptions & GHG emissions.
- Being one of the largest producer of steel in the country, Arab Alloys is committed to meet the demand for steel in a safe and sustainable way.
The Paris Agreement: An agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change dealing with greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions mitigation, adaptation and finance starting in the year 2020.
• The Agreement entered into force on 4 November 2016
• According to Article 4 paragraph 2 of the Paris Agreement, each Nation (Party) shall prepare, communicate and maintain successive Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) that it intends to achieve.
Way forward for GHG Emissions Mitigation
• Through Technology Deployment
• Improvement in Quality of Raw Materials
• Improvement in Fuel rate
• Increase in recycling & Reuse (4R principle)
• Promotion of Renewable Energy
• Afforestation for creation of Carbon Sink
Arab Alloys in its Corporate Environmental Policy has committed to:
“Contribute towards mitigation of climate change through the adoption of cleaner and energy-efficient technologies.”
Arab Alloys Initiatives to reduce GHG Emissions
• Technology up-gradation
• Integration of sound environmental practices
• Sourcing of good quality of raw materials
• Retrofitting and revamping of old pollution control systems.
2. Corporate Citizenship
Arab Alloy put in place systems for socio-economic development of the neighbourhoods and communities amidst which its plants and units operate. The objective was to plough prosperity back into the environment from which its strengths emanate, to minimise inequalities by providing quality education, healthcare, infrastructure and employment avenues to all, to ensure that man and nature live in harmony, to preserve the originality and beauty of Indian culture while simultaneously promoting scientific temperament and modern technology. In short, to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives – a credo that Arab Alloy has been upholding proudly ever since.